Sunday, January 11, 2009

~thinking points~


a lot of things have been going through my mind recently.. a lot need to be processed.. really haven't have the time to just really sit down and think everything through.. a lot learning need to be consolidated.. a lot soul-searching to do.. going to the very foundation and basic of things..



some questions to ponder over:

- Why are you doing what you doing? (essentially what motivates you to do what you do?)

- Have we been a good steward of what God has given us? (in all aspects of our lives)

- Are we doing what God has called and commanded us to do or are we doing what we THINK God wants us to do?

- Are we where we think we are at and why?

- Do we really know what really matters?

- What is the heart condition that your heart is in rite now? then how are you gonna move on from here?

- What are the things God wants you to learn in the coming year or longer?

- What is the boat (comfort zone, security, etc) that we have to step out of to be walking on water with God?



haha.. overwhelming eh? indeed.. but they are very helpful to help us really search deeper into our hearts to know what has been going on within us all these while.. things that have went unseen to the people around us but not for God.. He knows everything and we should allow the Holy Spirit to help guide us to make sense of everything that went through our minds, what we have done and how we have reacted.. don't just allow them to run through you or you doing the things without knowing what caused it and what are the reprecussions..



1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!

20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?

22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

~Psalms 139~


May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer

~Psalms 19:14~



really pray that every words that come out of my mouth and every meditation of my heart will be pleasing to God.. and that the Holy Spirit search me to such depth that i will have a revival and renewal in my heart.. also want to pray that i wouldn't resist any work that God is going to do in my heart, no matter how painful it may be or how much i will struggle.. i want to wrestle it out with God until every bit comes clean..


God, do a spring clean of my heart.. Amen!!


Love,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment