Tuesday, December 30, 2008

a revelation, a realisation or a reminder?

eh... how to start.. haha.. i also don't know.. cos it is just some thoughts that went through me and what happened along the way..

was feeling rather emo the past 2 days including today actually.. haha.. it was partly because i was tired.. i am so tired that i start to emo but to come to realise that it is even more tiring to emo.. haha.. so sad rite? emo le even more tired.. another part is that i couldn't let go of something that i said to someone that has caused a deep scar that may take a long time to heal..

some very negative thoughts went through me.. think all who have emo before should know what i am talking about.. yeah.. these thoughts made me feel even worse.. worse than ever.. but the rational side of me took over.. tried to stop thinking negatively and dwelling in my emotions.. i look to a book that i am reading these few days, named 'Next Door Saviour' by Max Lucado.. was reading the chapter on 'The Trashman - Imperfect people; John 1:29'.. was reminded that i need to let go of 'trashes' that i have in my life thus far and give them to God then can i lead a new life with Him.. just like he is my brother, he ain't heavy.. He chooses to take on all the rubbish that i have in my life onto Himself.. so touched that i teared.. was reminded about a verse that touched me very much when i was a non-believer..


"28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

- Matthew 11:28-30-


then i decided to read a brother's blog.. something really struck me.. and i know it isn't coincidental.. some negative thoughts that went through my mind came on his blog.. i was like 'woah!!'.. God, You are really amazing in the ways that You speak to Your people.. haha.. it is really like a wake-up call.. an almost mind blowing yet warm-heartening call.. indeed, i shouldn't allow the evil one to twist the Truth cos of my emotions and negative thoughts.. needing to guard my mind and heart well and aline them with the Truth and cling on to the promises God has given me.. cos i want to be a victorious overcomer with God.. not a defeated fool that chooses to wallow, self-pity, who hates discipline, etc.. cos i know the Truth is the one that will stand forever..


"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my Words will never pass away."

- Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33-


" 5 Trust in the Lord with all your hearts and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight."

- Proverbs 3:5-6-


" 11 My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent His rebuke, 12 because the Lord disciplines those He loves, as a father a son he delights in. 13 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom , the man who gains understanding."

- Proverbs 3:11-13-


i am refreshed and reminded.. had a revelation and a realisation too.. haha.. so many things.. so i will continue to chew on them.. and let it sink deeper within me.. so i will be stronger everytime and not fall as easily as the previous times..

last verse that i want to share and remind myself..


" Above all else guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

- Proverbs 4:23-



God in Naomi = nothing is impossible! Amen!


Love,
Naomi

2 comments:

  1. dear huishan,

    I just wanna say I'm very encouraged by the way you handled your emo-ness and your emotions.

    I understand how it feels to have affected others (negatively) with what you say unintentionally (afterall I lack horribly in tact as well), and I know it's useless to tell you not to feel bad - because you will. but just remember that everyone sins and God loves sinners!

    let's continue to grow together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks aliceyqy.. appreciate it a lot.. i felt bad that's y i emo-ed.. but i know i have to let go.. or else i will be trapped forever that this worldly sorrow.. yeah.. thanks again for the encouragement..

    we will grow together.. Amen!! :)

    ReplyDelete