Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Humbled or Exalted?


"9
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

13 "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14 "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted." "

- Luke 18:9-14 -


was reminded of this parable while worshiping God and doing my reflections..

there are times in my life that i was like that pharisee.. taking pride of the things i have done and how good i am.. there are also times that i was like the tax collector.. reminded how sinful i am that i need to repent and be shown grace and mercy by God..

i want and hope that the times that i exalts myself to become lesser.. cos it can become a subtle sin in my life as i grow up spiritually.. so i need to be on the watch that my mind is not slowly being invaded by the so-called harmless thought that i should be quite zai to have come thus far.. i must not leave it as it is.. or else one day, that thought becomes a permanent residence in my mind.. it will take a long long time to remove it.. imagine the kind of damage it would have caused.. whether to me or to the people around me.. so scary..

so i will try my best to safeguard my mind and heart.. pray that i will be able to do so taping on God's power within me.. i hope that we all brothers and sisters will help one another in this area of our lives to watch each other's backs..


For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted


Love,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment