Friday, October 23, 2009

suffering...



Jesus took on His cross

went through great sufferings

being crucified

even pierced at the sides when dead

However,

3 days later He resurrected

sitting on the right hand of God's throne


so what am i trying to say here?

look to Jesus' example when you are suffering and you feel like giving up.. remembering that whatever testings or sufferings that we are going through here and now, there is a purpose behind and will eventually be over.. we are able to overcome them just as Jesus overcame death.. cos His Spirit lives in us..


"42"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." 43An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground."

~Luke 22:42-44~


Jesus was also in great distressed that He prayed to the Father to ask Him to take the cup from Him.. but the difference is He said 'yet not my will, but Yours be done'.. He chose to obey the Father cos He knows what He is going through is for a great purpose and it must be accomplished.. He prayed even more when the Father strengthened Him..

in the same way, in distressed, we should look to God in prayer even more.. seeking Him to understand our situations better.. go through it together with Him.. even as there are doubts.. hang on.. as long as you continue to hang on, you will eventually see the light at the break of dawn..


-Imagining-

you: i feel like giving up, don't know how to go on, why does this has to happen

God: my dear child, hang on!!! you are nearly there.. just a bit more..
I am here.. you can call upon me..



remember that God is your cheerleader, support and strength.. whatever you need, He is sufficient for you..


"1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever."
~Psalms 23~

i want to give thanks for the brothers and sisters who are still hanging on, enduring and persevering through the race even when it gets so tough.. let's continue to help one another to presevere and finish this race together..

Hang in there!! Jia you!!

Love,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment