Friday, April 10, 2009

not taking for granted...


recently i was asked to run the household chores together with my granduncle even though there are 4 people left in the house.. cos the other 2 people are just in their own world doing their own things.. not contributing to the family.. so you must be wondering why am i doing household chores? cos my grandaunt went overseas for holiday.. and i miss her.. not because i had to wash my own clothes or clean up the house.. but just suddenly realised that something feels missing when she is not around.. there is no one to nag me, tell me things, etc.. i should be happy rite cos got more freedom.. but i feel weird more than happy actually.. yeah.. like someone in my life just went missing..


then recently, my mum has been falling sick also.. quite worried.. praying and fasting for her.. hope she will get well soon.. and be healed completely.. hope you all can pray for her too.. =)

learning not to take the people around me for granted.. whether is it cos doing household chores is tiring, i start to appreciate what my grandaunt is doing for her family and me.. or is it cos of my mum falling sick, knowing that life is really fragile..

can you imagine? my grandaunt has to wash 6 peoples' clothes everyday.. sometimes a few of us will have more than 1 set of clothes to wash.. then she still has to cook for us, iron the clothes and keep the house clean.. she is doing all these just to give us a comfortable and clean home to stay in.. yet we take her for granted.. take what she is doing for us for granted..

she asked me to sweep the floor for her before she left.. you know why? cos my uncle nor his gf will bother to do it.. i was the only one other than my granduncle that she can rely on to keep the house clean.. she knows that as long as to have asked me to do it, no matter how lazy i am i will still try.. which i really thank God for her trust in me that i will still do my part in the house..

i really hope that i can do my part in relieving her of what she is doing now.. also hoping that i will not take anyone around me for granted.. or whatever they are doing.. i hope i will not forget what i have promise myself to do.. cos i know after some time people will tend forget and revert back to the old cycle if they don't constantly remind themselves of the things that they have learn or want to do..

lastly let's not take God for granted.. even though He will always be there for us.. doesn't mean we should take Him for granted..


No one is to be taken for granted..



Love,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment